I Finally Did It: Being in Two Places at One Time!

The start of this school year, just like any other school year, has been absolutely crazy! Trying to train new teachers, set up accounts for faculty, staff and students, and issuing netbooks to high school students for our one-to-one program has me running like mad in a million different directions. At times like these, I often find myself wishing I could be in two places at the same time.

Well, last week I actually made that happen. I had to train teachers at the elementary school on the use of Edmodo, the private social network for teachers and students. At the same time, teachers at the secondary campus needed to learn how to input students into our learning management system, their eChalk website class pages.


I was struggling on how to get these two training sessions scheduled during the same week and I only had one open date. After trying and trying to juggle my schedule to accommodate both campuses, it finally hit me! All I needed to do was "flip" one my training sessions! That is, I needed to prerecord my training session ahead of time.

So, for the secondary teachers, I prerecorded my eChalk lesson using TechSmith's SnagIt11. (I've used all of TechSmith's products, but I am really loving SnagIt to record something quick and easy).  In the recording, I put in places where they could pause the video. In our PLC where they watched the video, we have a facilitator and I previewed the video with her showing her where she could pause so teachers could easily follow the prescribed steps.

And, it worked like a charm! I've used TechSmith products a lot to record video lessons that I've posted online or emailed out to teachers, but I've never thought of  using it in a "live" training session like this. I can tell you now, it won't be the last time. 

It really allowed me to be in two places at once. Now, if TechSmith could only figure out how to complete my honey-do list at home ...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Freebie: "Appear In" Your Own Video Conference

Friday Freebie: Easily Create Stunning Graphics in Seconds with Adobe Post

Using the New File Upload in Google Forms