Friday Freebie: Create Stunning Presentations with Haiku Deck!
On Fridays, when I post my Friday Freebie's, I'm often stuck trying to find tools that will be NEW and exciting for you all. Sometimes, I want to share a tool and think, "Everyone knows about that one already. It would be silly to blog about that one!" But, I've learned that's not always the case.
Today, is one of those days. HaikuDeck, a presentation creation tool has been around for a while and a lot of people are using it, but it's so cool and so powerful it bears repeating. So, if you're already using HaikuDeck, bear with me. If you've never heard of it, you're in for a treat.
What is it? From the HaikuDeck website, the tool is best described as...
"a completely new kind of presentation software designed to make your slides stunning. Whether you are pitching an idea, teaching a lesson, delivering a keynote, or igniting a movement, Haiku Deck makes presentations simple, beautiful, and fun."And that's exactly what it does. Now, an important note here. HaikuDeck is an iPad app. You need an iPad to create the content. Once you create the content, however, you can view and present your presentations via the HaikuDeck website as well as off your iPad.
So, what's so special about it? Here are a few highlights about HaikuDeck that I LOVE:
- The idea behind HaikuDeck is to let images to the "talking". By nature of the templates you are limited to how much text you can add. No more "Death by Powerpoint" where presenters read their slides to you!
- The interface is very simple and intuitive. The steps are simple - add text, choose an image, choose a layout, move on!
- Here's the best part! After you enter your text, HaikuDeck conducts an image search for you based on keywords in your slide. And, the images are INCREDIBLE. They are high quality, stunning images that make you look really, really, good!
- HaikuDeck has a great built in graphs creator that allows you to easily build charts and graphs.
- If you need to use the slides in something else, you can download the slides as Powerpoint slides or as pdf's.
- Once published, you can easily go to the HaikuDeck website and share the presentation by displaying on a screen, share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest, share the link, email the link, publish to SlideShare, or embed (like I did below).
So, download it today and say goodbye to ugly, boring presentation!