Friday Freebie: Safely Share YouTube Videos With Your Students!
Let's face it, teachers love YouTube! There is a lot of great stuff out there to share with students. But, whether your displaying a video in class or posting a link on your website, you have to be careful. On the YouTube page itself there are tons of links to other videos, and sometimes comments from other viewers. And, no matter how innocent and appropriate the video itself may be, there are times these links and comments are wildly inappropriate for young eyes.
There is an easy solution - SafeShare. And when I say easy, I mean EASY. Here's what you do ...
- Find the YouTube video you want to share and copy the URL (web address) of the video.
- Go to www.SafeShare.tv
- Paste the YouTube link in the box under "Paste a YouTube Link"
- Click "Generate Safe Link"
- After the Link is created you'll see a preview of your safe link and link to go to the safe view.
- There is an option under that to "Customize Video" that allows you to change the title, the background theme, the option to share, and even trim the start and end of the video!
If you use customization, do that first, then follow the link to the safe view. Once there, copy the web address (URL) of the safe view. This is the link you'll want to save for viewing in the classroom or posting to your website.
Happy and safe viewing!