What Are You Waiting For? Get Connected!


This week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. It's the TCEA Convention and Exposition - a full week of networking, sharing, learning, and fun! And, this year's theme is near and dear to my heart - CONNECTED.

As educators we too often try to do everything by ourselves. We plan by ourselves. We problem solve by ourselves. We rejoice and sorrow by ourselves. With today's technology, that's insane. There are too many smart, talented, and kind educators out there who are willing to help for you not to reach out and connect.

And there are a multitude of ways to connect - Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Voxer, and on and on. If you're not using at least one of these great tools to virtually connect to others, you are cheating yourself, and more importantly, your students. Too often, I hear, "I don't have time to get on those social networks." My feeling is you don't have time NOT to get on one.

I have a VAST network of educators I know and respect - people that will immediately reach out out to help me when I'm in need. I consider them all colleagues and friends and the majority of them, I've never even met face-to-face. Simply put, I could not do my job if I wasn't connected.

Today's post is not a how to. There are plenty of how-to's on each of these great connection tools. Today's post is a call to arms. Reach out. Get Connected! Your life will never be the same.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Freebie: "Appear In" Your Own Video Conference

Friday Freebie: Easily Create Stunning Graphics in Seconds with Adobe Post

Using the New File Upload in Google Forms